Our IBM sales rep's told us that ISKLM is priced per tape drive that has the encryption feature enabled. It would make more sense to me to just bundle the license to utilize any encryption key manager product into the price of the optional encryption feature and be done with it.

Mark Jacobs

On 04/29/11 05:55, Jousma, David wrote:
I think it is free.   This is the -lite version of TKLM that does not
require WAS or a DB2 backend.

And JAVA V6 (not 6.0.1) is still orderable in ShopZ, but I don't know
for how long.   V6 still has EKM code in it.

Dave Jousma
Assistant Vice President, Mainframe Services
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB1G
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.8497

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: ISKLM as a replacement for EKM

I concur, looks the same.   Just going through conversion now.  As an
aside, if  you order JAVA 6.0.1, the EKM code has been removed....

So I guess I need to start making plans to replace EKM.  I had thought
that
IBM was providing TLKM for EMK users at no cost.  From this discussion,
guess that is not the case.

Let me know how your upgrade goes.  I will start looking at  the life
expectancy of EKM for my shop.

Lizette

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service
Tampa, FL
----

Some people are electrifying, they light up
a room when they leave.