This question isn't any sort of official IBM survey or anything like that
-- just a question arising out of personal curiosity.

I'm wondering what IBM-MAINers like to use for editing Unicode (UTF-8,
UTF-16, and/or UTF-32) "files" on z/OS. There are of course graphical
options (notably Rational Developer for System z) which work great, but for
this question I'm more focused on text editors that meet the following
attributes:

1. Accessible via TN3270E (i.e. "3270 editors") and/or Telnet (to z/OS UNIX
System Services) -- i.e. "old school" terminal mode editors;
2. Support editing UTF-8, UTF-16, and/or UTF-32;
3. Support sequential (QSAM), VSAM, PDS/PDSE, HFS/zFS, DB2, and/or IMS data
(i.e. "whatever you can imagine").

If you'd like to reply to me offline, that's perfectly fine -- either way.
Thanks in advance.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
Resident Enterprise Architect