No.  The printer itself must support IPDS (Intelligent Printer Data Stream)
for PSF to print to it.

The input to PSF can be fully composed AFP, or plain line data (formatted
into AFP using a FORMDEF and PAGEDEF) or a mixture of line data and AFP
x'5A' records, but the printer must support IPDS for PSF.

Now, it doesn't necessarily have to be an IBM or Infoprint Solutions
printer.  Other vendor printers also have IPDS support, and some printers
accept optional  IPDS cards to add IPDS support.

--Roger