From: "McKown, John" <john.mck...@healthmarkets.com>
Date: May 6, 2011 8:22 AM
Subject: Opinion: modified SDSF functionality?
To: "john.archie.mck...@gmail.com" <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>

I would like the concensus of opinion on something for SDSF. There is an
function to "print" sysout to a dataset. This is ususally done with the XD
line command or the PRT ODSN primary command. Well, being the weirdo that I
am, I would often like the data to go into a UNIX file instead of a dataset.
Now, ISPF option 2 has been enhanced so that if the first character in the
"Other Partitioned, Sequential or VSAM Data Set, or z/OS UNIX file:" starts
with a slash (solidus), then the name is taken as a UNIX file name. I would
really like SDSF to act in the same manner. I will grant that it is possible
to use the PRT FILE (ddname) and ALLOCATE ddname to a UNIX file. But I'm
lazy and would prefer the ease of using XD and the dialog box it can display
to do this function. Would this be of any use to anybody else?

--
John McKown