DMS stood for dasd management system vendor was sterling software.

One of the items that it did was an option to change the allocation from
cylinder to tracks. So instead of a cyl the dataset was reduced to say 1 track.
Ther was also an option to go from 1 track to 1 cyl. The package was quite
versatile. I just got off the phone with a person who had a lot to say about
the product and he told me that the product is no longer available. Supposedly
the author works for CA now days.

I liked the product but found it let's say a little bit to versitile, By
that I meant it allowed to many excetions and it ran on exceptions rue which
allowed for a nightmare in bookkeeping.

Ed