Glenn, Good idea. I will ask them the same thing you did. While it isn't
something we need often, when you do need it, you really need it.
Bill Johnson

________________________________
From: Glenn Miller <glenn.mil...@abnamro.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Fri, May 6, 2011 1:46:51 AM
Subject: Re: IKJEFT01

Hi Bill,

I have a similar requirement to yours with CA-Topsecret.  I was encouraged
after reading some information about a product called: "Tivoli zSecure
Admin".  According to its User Reference manual, "The Tivoli zSecure Admin
RACF Offline function provides the possibility to issue most RACF commands
against an inactive RACF database."  I opened a question with CA on their
support website just a couple of months ago asking if Topsecret has the same
or similar 'offline' capability as the "Tivoli zSecure Admin RACF Offline"
function.  Their answer was no.  I also asked if they were considering
adding that 'offline' capability to Topsecret in a future release or future
product or product add-on.  Their answer was again no.

Since you have a very similar requirement to mine, maybe if you open a
question on CA's support site, they might reconsider their 'no' answer.
Especially since my question on their support site was only a few months ago.

HTH
Glenn Miller