Ron,

Correct, that is also what I see: 4 dashes and the time of the triggering
message. Probably it needs a doc-update.

Kees.

"Ron MacRae" <ronmac...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
Kees,
        Thanks for that.  That almost describes my question except.

1) msg format is different from manual, actua msg has more '-'s.
2) The time is NOT always 00:00:00, it's the time of the msg that
prompts it.

I suspect neither of these differences are significant.

Ron.

On May 10, 8:29 pm, kees.verno...@klm.com (Vernooij, CP - SPLXM)
wrote:

> This feature was added ages ago to JES2 and is described in: SA22-7532
> JES2 Initialization and Tuning Guide, chapter: JES2 system data sets.
> "
> To provide an indication when a particular message was logged for jobs
> that run multiple days, JES2 provides day/date messages in the JES2
> JOBLOG. The time stamp on the first message matches the time that the
> first data record (PUT) was processed. The time stamp on all subsequent
> day/date messages is always midnight (00.00.00). see Figure 25 to
> illustrate the following example: If a job is submitted on day 1 (27 MAR
> 1995), issues no messages for the next three days (28, 29, and 30
> March), and ends on day 5 (31 MAR 1995), the JOBLOG contains two dates
> only; the first at the top of the JOBLOG when the job began and the
> second before the end on day 5 at midnight. There is no entry for a day
> in which no messages were logged, and therefore, never two consecutive
> lines with the day/date message.
> "
>
> Kees.
e-mail, and delete this message.