Hi all,
       I hope someone can clear up some confusion on my part.

In the jes log for running jobs and stcs messages are produced of the format -

18.36.58 STC01465 ---- SATURDAY,  30 APR 2011 ----
...snip...
00.00.05 STC01465 ---- SUNDAY,    01 MAY 2011 ----
...snip...
00.00.05 STC01465 ---- MONDAY,    02 MAY 2011 ----
...snip...
00.00.05 STC01465 ---- TUESDAY,   03 MAY 2011 ----
...snip...
00.00.06 STC01465 ---- WEDNESDAY, 04 MAY 2011 ----
...snip...
00.06.49 STC01465 ---- THURSDAY,  05 MAY 2011 ----
...snip...
00.00.05 STC01465 ---- FRIDAY,    06 MAY 2011 ----
...snip...

The first one is produced when the STC starts and subsequent entries appear
to be written the first time the STC becomes active on a specific day.  I.e. if
you start the stc on SATURDAY and it sits in a wait until noon on the Tuesday
then the 2nd msg of this format is produced at noon on Tuesday and there are
no msgs for intevening days.

However there are cases where the msg is not written until some time later in
the day, Thursday in this example, and I know from output to other files that
there was CPU and I/O activity prior to the time the msg was issued.

So my question is what event actually triggers this msg?

Thanks in advance, Ron.