We are getting ready to disconnect some ESCON attached 3490 drives that
are connected via 9032 directors.   Normally when we disconnect hardware,
we vary the devices offline,  Config the CHP offline and disconnect without
incident.   These particular drives also share Escon channels with other
devices (don't ask) so we can't do that.   Would it be sufficient to block
these
ports for the 3490's before disconnecting them?  Will  that prevent optical
errors and calls to IBM?   I'm having trouble finding documentation on the
ESCON Director Console  operations.

thanks
Dana