<snip>

> I see nothing on the JES2 queues for this address space.  I
> have checked the WebSphere logger data, the WebSphere
> server1/logs filesystem, and EREP and cannot find any reason
> for this.  It was working on Friday and we cannot identify
> the change that has caused this.  I noticed the X33E SLIP
> trap being met following the end of BBOS001, but turning it
> off doesn't produce any additional information.  I don't know
> LE, but tried adding the TRACE(ON,LE=3) parm to the BBOCTL
> program, but that didn't provide any results. The system dump
> datasets are empty.
>
> I can unmount the /WebSphere/V6R0 filesystem to force a JCL
> error and I tried creating a new WAS config file system.  I
> can run this JCL as a job until I fail on a security issue.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> William

What it that STC? This action is normal if that is a UNIX type function
which does a "fork()" and has the "parent" terminate. An example of this
is the FTPD server. The FTPD started task terminates with no messages,
but has "fork()'ed" another FTPD1 (or some other numeric suffix) task.

Try doing a: "D A,BBOS001*" to see if there there are other address
spaces which start with that name. If so, then the BBOS001 likely did a
"fork()" and terminated with the "child" doing the actual processing.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.