On 5/31/2011 1:55 PM, Tony Harminc wrote:
On 31 May 2011 15:47, Steve Comstock<st...@trainersfriend.com>  wrote:
Are these two products essentially the same? I'm
thinking Metal C is the XL C version and SPC is
from an earlier C compiler (maybe even pre-z/OS),
but I can't find any confirmation. Anyone know
the answer to this bit of trivia?

No - Metal C generates assembler language statements; SPC C generates
object decks. I have no knowledge of how they differ under the covers,
but unlike SPC, Metal C does not support e.g. the "generate backlevel
instructions" options, and does support inline assembler statements,
so it sounds as though there are quite different paths, presumably
with some common code.

Tony H.

OK, thanks. One further clarification then: is SPC available
as part of the current XL C/C++ compiler, or is it a stand
alone product?

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html