> <snip>
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Gainsford, Allen
> <allen.gainsf...@hp.com>wrote:
>
> > Normally (by default), if a jobstep abends, subsequent steps are flushed.
> > There ought to be a better way!  Have I missed something obvious?  Can
> > anyone offer a suggestion?
> >
> > <unsnip>
>
> can this be managed by breaking the jcl into multiple jobs and posting
> conditions to the scheduler and let the scheduling system manage the
> process?

Yes, but at the cost of making the process even more complex. :)

I tend to think that, from a support viewpoint (i.e. from the viewpoint of
someone who has to go in and look at job output and possibly trace results),
one job is a lot easier to handle than two or three.  It's definitely a lot
tidier.