------------------------------------<snip>------------------------------------

Normally (by default), if a jobstep abends, subsequent steps are flushed.

I have a requirement in a job that, if a particular step of the job abends with
a particular code, then the job should continue.  However, if any subsequent
step abends, then further steps should be flushed.  This seems unfortunately
difficult to arrange.  For example:

//COND1    EXEC PGM=SETCOND,PARM=0
//COND2    EXEC PGM=SETCOND,PARM=U111
//         IF (COND2.RUN=TRUE OR COND2.ABENDCC=U0111) THEN
//COND3    EXEC PGM=SETCOND,PARM=8
//COND4    EXEC PGM=SETCOND,PARM=U222
//COND5    EXEC PGM=SETCOND,PARM=0
//COND6    EXEC PGM=SETCOND,PARM=0
//         ENDIF

Step COND2 abends with U0111, then the job continues.  However, then COND4
abends with U0222 ... and yet COND5 and COND6 still run.  (Yes, I can see *why*
... but that's no help.)  I can't find any easy way to construct the job so
that an abend in COND2 will let things continue but an abend in a step after
COND2 will flush the rest of the job.

The best I've found so far is this, but it's pretty ugly and I don't want to
use it if I can possibly help it:

//COND1    EXEC PGM=SSCOND,PARM=0
//COND2    EXEC PGM=SSCOND,PARM=U111
//         IF (COND2.RUN=TRUE OR COND2.ABENDCC=U0111) THEN
//COND3    EXEC PGM=SSCOND,PARM=8
//         IF (COND3.RUN AND COND3.ABEND=FALSE) THEN
//COND4    EXEC PGM=SSCOND,PARM=U222
//         ENDIF
//         IF (COND4.RUN AND COND4.ABEND=FALSE) THEN
//COND5    EXEC PGM=SSCOND,PARM=0
//         ENDIF
//         IF (COND5.RUN AND COND5.ABEND=FALSE) THEN
//COND6    EXEC PGM=SSCOND,PARM=0
//         ENDIF
//         ENDIF

There ought to be a better way!  Have I missed something obvious?  Can anyone
offer a suggestion?
You keep using PARM= values in your examples. Try looking at the COND= parameter of the EXEC statement.

Rick