>$PJES2 will most certainly never complete, but it will prevent any new
>tasks from starting. I would NOT do a TERM because you lose all control

>at that point.

>From experience on education systems I'd say the $PJES2 isn't even
necessary. I've always seen JES2 stopping after the V XCF OFF before
the final 0A2 arrived. This makes me belive JES2 is one of the (few?)
products that listens for the forthcoming offline that XCF communicates
and then terminates in a clean quick manner.

<caution>
The case above does by no means reflect real life situations, since
no (or almost no) work was going on on those systems when doing the
V XCF OFF.
</caution>

Peter Hunkeler

Credit Suisse - Information Technology