> Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 21:28:57 +0530
> From: vmanoc...@csc.com
> Subject: ICETOOL : Summarize DCOLLECT data for HLQ's
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
>
> Greetings,
>
> I have created a report from DCOLLECT data with dataset_name volume_serial
> creation_date space (in kb) and various other fields.
>
> I am looking for a way to scan this report and summarise the space used by
> each HLQ. Could someone help me out with this requirement please.

<snip>

> I would like the output to be something like this:
>
> SYS1            30
> ABC             100
> XYZ             90
> ABCXYZ  100

There may be something on the CBT for dcollect.

But if you have access to the CBT VTOC command I have exactly what you
are looking for - the VTOCTOT program.

"This program processes the output of the CBT VTOC command and produces
totals by high level qualifier. The VTOC command can be found on file 112 of
the CBT tape ..."

VTOCTOT is in the "programs" section of my web site (URL below) or on
CBT file 434.

Sample output:

    APL2 -     2946 Tracks allocated       196 Cylinders allocated        78
Data sets
     ASM -     1830 Tracks allocated       122 Cylinders allocated        44
Data sets
 CATALOG -      301 Tracks allocated        20 Cylinders allocated         2
Data sets
     CBC -    32139 Tracks allocated      2143 Cylinders allocated        90
Data sets
     CEE -   174180 Tracks allocated     11612 Cylinders allocated       218
Data sets
     CIM -       18 Tracks allocated         1 Cylinders allocated         6
Data sets
     CSF -     1746 Tracks allocated       116 Cylinders allocated        54
Data sets
     DB2 -     8256 Tracks allocated       550 Cylinders allocated        25
Data sets

Cheers,

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com