We do the copy to tape via a write method. I could use the Control-D report
management system we have, but that would complicate extracting information
from the archives.

Not that I've needed to go far back  in a long time. We're small enough that we
keep about 45 days on the spool.

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University