I wouldn't be too worried about SMT, my guess is that IBM hasn't done it yet
is because it totally trashes the CPU charge-back model.

On second thought, CPU charge back with SMT would seriously penalize code
that was not properly optimized for the pipeline, since any stall in a
thread would result in the other thread(s) getting a larger share of the
execution cycles, hmmm.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Farley, Peter x23353 <
peter.far...@broadridge.com> wrote:

> [...]

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it,
(ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and
(iii) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you.