On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:16:42 -0500, Jan MOEYERSONS wrote:

>My data contains UTC timestamp and I have to print the corresponding local
>time on a report. That is the local time as it was at the date the data was
>logged.
>
>My attemps so far with mktime(), localtime() and gmtime() all apply the
>offset of the current date, not of the date I supply as input...

Sorry to bear bad news.  But this is done well by nearly every OS
except z/OS:

    http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm

    The tz database

    The public-domain time zone database contains code and
    data that represent the history of local time for many
    representative locations around the globe. It is updated
    periodically to reflect changes made by political bodies
    to time zone boundaries, UTC offsets, and daylight-saving
    rules. This database (often called tz or zoneinfo) is used
    by several implementations, including the GNU C Library
    used in GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Cygwin, DJGPP,
    AIX, Mac OS X, OpenVMS, Oracle Database, Solaris, Tru64,
    and UnixWare.

Shame on IBM for its steadfast NIH attitude.  I can find the
zoneinfo data files on our z/OS system somewhere in /usr/lpp.
They came with some (I believe IBM -- DCS?) product.  They
don't generally affect the syscalls you mention.  Someone
should open a Requirement.  This should even be in STCKCONV.

-- gil