Jag,

Advice is almost good.

I believe IMHO that that should not using hard coded logon procedures,

You should have a bare bones procedure pointing you to procedure libaries either REXX or CLIST that allocate your ISPF environment based on preferably group or userid.

"pinnacle" has a dynamic modifable logon procedure that I strongly recommend that you consider. Search on "pinnacle ispf" as a starting option.

Second option is to search on "Download the Dynamic /ISPF/ Starter Set of REXX execs"

I havn't used these I had signifanct experence to take the suggestions, modify, to my requirements and run with it/.

If I was working, instead of lurking, I wouldn't accept anything other than some variation on basic allocation followed by dynamic allocation.

I have copied this to the ISPF listserver group. Hopefully some of the followers will chime in with better suggestions

Ken