From: Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: PROBLEM COPYING PDS MEMBER TO A PANVALET LIBRARY
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

> Good Morning Gentle Readers,
>
> I am trying to copy a jcl from my PDS to a Panvalet pds library using
FILE-
> AID.  However I get the error message Unsupported Type for the "to"
dataset which is
> the Panvalet pds.
> ER792-Panvalet/Librarian/GEM datasets not allowed as TO dataset.
>
> Is there a way of copying a member from a PDS to a Panvalet PDS?  Could
someone
> suggest a work around?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have not used Panvalet in a long time.  But if it is still this way, only
Pan Utilities can update Panvalet datasets.

If you have the Panvalet manuals, there are ++ control cards in PANVALET
that you use in batch with Pan Programs.

Panvalet, IIRC, cannot use any utility to access it.  It can only be updated
with PGM=PAN#  type program names.

You cannot use FILEAID, IDCAMS, IEBCOPY when working with Panvalet datasets.
Panvalet has utilities to access Pan datasets.
Do you have the ISPF Interface available?  If so, you should be able to use
those to do what you want.

Lizette