Panvalet does not use a PDS to store the data.

I have extensive experience w/Librarian. Librarian had a SUBSYS feature which
allowed the Librarian file to be accessed as thought it were a PDS.
The general rule was to refer to the Librarian dataset with SUBSYS=xxx (usually
LAM... Librarian Access Method)

ISTR that Panvalet had a similar feature, however, I have not used Panvalet
since the late 70's, so I may be mistaken. I am uninformed as to the details.

HTH,

<snip>
I am trying to copy a jcl from my PDS to a Panvalet pds library using
FILE-AID.  However I get the error message Unsupported Type for the "to"
dataset which is the Panvalet pds.
ER792-Panvalet/Librarian/GEM datasets not allowed as TO dataset.

Is there a way of copying a member from a PDS to a Panvalet PDS?  Could someone
suggest a work around?
</snip>