On 7/4/2011 1:04 AM, Binyamin Dissen wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 18:12:16 -0500 John McKown<joa...@swbell.net>  wrote:

:>Perhaps Peter Relson of IBM can resolve the question of whether the SVRB
:>for a LINK is freed before the LINK'ed to program's PRB is placed on the
:>RB chain. I'm now certain my test is wrong and that the SVRB actually
:>is.

I would think that the SVRB is simply changed to a PRB.

I believe the new PRB for the LINKed-to program is queued *between* the currently executing SVRB for the LINK SVC and the RB of the SVC 6 issuer. When finished, the LINK SVC routine simply returns in the normal manner via SVC 3.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc