From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Gord Tomlin
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 11:49 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Ads on IBM-MAIN

I suspect that the reference to a post from a software company is referring to
a post I made on Monday on a thread started by Hilary Hurwitz with the subject
"Z/OS Newbie question".

The OP was looking for a facility that would provide "a list of modules used
and which libraries they were taken from". Gerard Postpischil replied with "The
short answer to this is that it's not possible." Since we have a product
feature that provides this very function, I felt that it was relevant to
provide the information, and I marked my post as a "shameless plug", since I
was mentioning a feature of one of our products.

I have already communicated with the owner of the listserv on this matter.
Nevertheless, if members of this listserv believe this post to be
inappropriate, I will not make any similar posts in the future. My intent was
to inform, no to offend.

--

Regards, Gord Tomlin
Action Software International

On 2011-07-06 10:57, Pommier, Rex R. wrote:
> I'm with you, Mace.  I don't mind Shai's posts.  In fact, when the brown
> material started coming into contact with the oscillating air movement
> device, I had to go dig through my deleted messages to figure out what was
> happening.  I didn't notice the post from the software company, but one of
> the people complaining about Shai's posts is being caught by an outlook rule
> I have set up and his messages are trashed.  If he doesn't want to see Shai's
> posts, maybe he could set up a similar rule.  :-)
>
> Rex

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna