Most likely the answer is yes. userid.FTP.DATA is how we handle specific needs.
But, if you look in the JESYSMSG of an FTP job, you will very likely find the
dataset containing your default profile. Actually, this profile dsname is also
listed in the messages from the FTP client session with a moderate level of
logging turned on.