From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Johnston, Robert E
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Overriding client FTP . DATA

We started out years ago with CA's TCP/IP and FTP and it has remained the
standard FTP in Production since then. A new project came up involving lots of
new batch FTP jobs to a Windows machine and I suggested they use IBM FTP. It
has gone well for the most part and the couple of problems encountered were
fixed, but I'm not sure it was the "best" fix for the problems.

All production batch is submitted via CA-7 scheduler. The userid associated
with all jobs submitted is "CA7". For some FTP from tape we had to add a
SYSFTPD DD to batch jobs to add "AUTOTAPEMOUNT     TRUE".

I have looked at FTP client search orders in the IP manuals for some kind of
global FTP.DATA, but it is unclear to me the best way to handle this issue.
Besides CA7, we have a few people that submit FTP batch jobs thru TSO. I would
rather not have to add SYSFTPD DD statements.

Could I make a CA7.FTP.DATA and have all jobs submitted thru CA7 automatically
use this file? (I suppose TSO users would have tso_prefix.FTP.DATA when needed).

We don't have a SYS1.TCPPARMS(FTPDATA) or TCPIP.FTP.DATA. Is that the way to go?

I'm interesting in hearing how others handle their ftp.data for batch clients.
Thanks for any information or advice.

Robert Johnston
UAMS - Little Rock
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message..

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
intended