On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:29:44 -0800, Howard Rifkind wrote:

>  Lets say I have worked for an organization for a few years and then
decide to leave…on good terms for the most part but you didn’t feel that
the management was fare so you picked myself up and find a new job and
resigned.  You weren't asked to leave nor did the management suggest that.

>  Now you see that organization is posting the posting the position you
held on the internet.

>  I thought I would like to post a message on the list stating that if
anyone was going to apply for that position they could give me a call or
email off list and I could give that person a heads up regarding what to
expect at the interview, possibly the people he/she would meet and maybe
the kind of questions that would be asked.

>  Also, what they might expect if hired in the future based on my past
experience while employed there.

>  Would you consider this ethical?
>
>  If it was me applying for the position I certainly would appreciate
having that information in my hip pocket.

Isn't that the same thing as calling the new boyfriend of your ex-
girlfriend to tell him what he might expect in the future based on your
past experience with her?

Would YOU really appreciate a call like that?  Would you trust that the
advice was unbiased, open and honest?  Would you really believe that the
old boyfriend was just like you and that the circumstances hadn't changed
at all in the interim?

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI