Heretic! <grin>

I love Perl. But REXX is very good too. But I would like ooREXX on z/OS.
And I want Perl regular expressions put into legacy z/OS facilities,
including REXX. I'd love the PDF editor to be able to do Perl, or even
POSIX, regular expression finds and changes! It already has the p'...'
for "picture"(?). How about r'...' for regexp? Or even a new primary
command called "regexp" followed by a perl-like regular expression which
could do either a "find" or a "change" similar to how "sed" works. Yes,
I like "sed" and "awk" as well.

--
John McKown
Maranatha! <><