In <3204749345014098.wa.paulgboulderaim....@bama.ua.edu>, on
07/21/2011
   at 08:51 AM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> said:

>Has anyone tried compiling it with the ASCII compiler switch (and
>XPLINK) and relying on code page autoconversion?

I doubt it.

>Would this even be useful?

I doubt it.

>What is the intrinsic code page for Perl?

There is none. The problem is not the intrinsic character set, but
rather that the changes to the Unicode support broke the EBCDIC
support and that nobody has stepped forward to do whatever is
necessary to make them coexist. at least not for Perl 5.

Maybe IBM should include a Perl 6 implementation on the ported tools
page.