Hi,

now speaking as a DB2 sysprog.

Today the mvs group issued the PD REPLACE,PAGE=(sys1.page01,sys1.page04)
command
which ends successfully. However seconds later we got several abends in DB2
V8
dealing with RC00C90101, seconds later several abends S02A RSN8 and then
several
STC fails with different kind of abends mostly S0C4. This includes CICS,
TCPIP and
third party software and also the CATALOG asid.

Environment z/OS R4. The logrec shows four abends for RC00C90101 followed by
hundreds of S02A RC8. Because of huge number of dumps written by CICS among
other
we had to cancel CICS and other STC. After restart of DB2 some VSAM datasets
gets IDC-Errors. We're able to delete those VSAM cluster and start DB2
recover.

We`ve been able to delete those datasets from a different LPAR sharing the
data.

I was wondering why so I issue a F CATALOG,RESTART and after this all VSAM
cluster
looks fine. But still VTAM dumps several S0C1 abends so we end up in an IPL
later.

During the PD REPLACE we had about 14 active pagedatasets on this image. So
you see
we are storage constraint at this time because of end of year activities.

I know it's just feeling but could the PD REPLACE cause the problems we've
seen?
Not sure if the mvs group will open a PMR.

Roland