On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:11:17 -0600, Eatherly, John D [IT]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>From Mike Reddy...
>A couple of questions first: What changed? Are we using an Image profile
>to activate the lpar, or just a LOAD profile?
>
>A load profile has a pre-determined load address and parm specified. We
>don't use them here because we change sysres's every time almost.
>An image profile defines the lpar storage, weight, cpu, etc, and
>includes an OPTIONAL load screen to automatically IPL the lpar to a
>pre-determined address. We don't use that option either.
>
>Double click exact icon that is being "ACTIVATED" for the system to IPL
>(it may be a grouping and not that actual image icon) and look at the
>top for the "assigned profile"
>Then click "Change options" to view that profile and look for the LOAD
>tab that shows the predetermined load address. If it is in fact zero,
>the HMC is doing what it was told to do.

>----
>
>Starting this week I am now experiencing HMC failures IPL'ing my z/OS
>systems. My load profiles look correct, but I now receive an error
>stating  "The load address is not configured in the partition" and
>displays a load address of 0000. The IPL parm looks correct, just the
>LOAD address is 0000. This occurs when I do an activate to the LOAD
>profile. The IPL is successful if I do a manual LOAD. I see this error
>using two different HMCs at different code levels. I am experiencing
>this on 2 different processors.
>

>Anyone sees something like this before? I have a hard time believing it
>is a HMC bug as it has been operating many months before with no
>problem.
>
>Pat

>send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

>send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

I have done exactly as you said. We do not use image profiles to IPL, just
to setup the LPARs, we strictly use LOAD profiles to IPL. The LOAD profile
has an IPL Address and an IPL Parm as I expect it should. But when this
Profile is actually ACTIVATED, it comes back flagging a Load address of
0000, but it does show the valid IPL Parm. Double clicking on the LPAR
does show the LOAD profile I expect to be ACTIVATED.

I have passed this problem on to IBM and they are chewing on the HMC logs.