Is this in a parallel sysplex?. If no, then the answer is *NO*. The request
will be queued.

If a parallel sysplex, look at the description for the "COMMON RECALL QUEUE".
This will allow HSM on another LPAR to perform the recall.

HTH,

<snip>
I have 5 LPARS currently running DFHSM.  I have just added a Sixth LPAR where
we do not want to run DFHSM due to constraints we are placing on this LPAR.

I ran a test on what would happen with DFHSM not running on a RECALL.

When I issued the command, it placed the request on a queue.

So, the question is, can I have the request failed on the LPAR where we were
not going to run DFHSM rather than the request getting queued?
</snip>