Issue ' LIST DATASETNAME MIGRATIONCONTROLDATASET SELECT(VOLUME(xxxxxx) SDSP)'
to see if HSM thinks there is any SDSP data left.

If the volume is defined w/NOSDSP, and the SDSP dataset is empty (see above)
the SDSP dataset can be deleted. Use IDCAMS DELETE VVR, since the cluster is
not cataloged. If there is any residual data, use idcams define recatalog to
get the cluster entry back.

IMO, you should either go all SDSP or all NOSDSP. It will obviously take
several days for all existing data to migrate out of the SDSP datasets. I am
not sure the overhead of SDSP is still justified. YMMV.

My $0.02.

<snip>
I am doing a review of all our ML1 volumes (8 SDSP and 8 NOSDSP) and I noticed
that 2 volumes out of 8 SDSP volumes the SDSP dsns were empty.  I checked
the ARCCMD9
member and they were defined as NOSDSP.  There was a comment to say that they
were changed from SDSP to NOSDSP in 2001.  My question is 2 fold, can I delete
the SMALLDS dsn which is VSAM.  I did a LISTCAT of one of them and it tells me :
IDC3012I ENTRY VHSM.SMALLDS.BLL1908 NOT FOUND
I did a LISTCAT of other SMALLDS and I received the same result.  Is it normal
that only the DATA and INDEX components exist but not the CLUSTER?
I checked the HSM REFERENCE manual as well as the IMPLEMENTATION &
CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE but I came up empty.  Any ideas?
</snip>