From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Crabtree, Anne D
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 8:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: assembler help!

In our IEFACTRT (accounting exit), an assembler program, it has the
following commands:

L     R2,PARMJOBC
ICM   R1,7,0(R2)

If PARMJOBC contains a binary integer length of 4 with 00 00 00 08, what
ends up in all bits of R1?  I am trying to add additional values to what
is in R1 by doing:

MVC   WK1(4),SMF30CPS
A     R1,WK1

This is not doing what I want it to do! If SMF30CPS, also a binary
integer length of 4, has 00 00 00 01,  what ends up in R1?

Anne D. Crabtree
System Programmer
WV Office of Technology Data Center
1900 Kanawha Blvd East
Charleston, WV  25305
(304)558-5914 ext 58292
(304)558-1441 fax

==========================
solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.