On 8/4/2011 6:02 AM, Crabtree, Anne D wrote:
In our IEFACTRT (accounting exit), an assembler program, it has the following
commands:

L     R2,PARMJOBC
ICM   R1,7,0(R2)

If PARMJOBC contains a binary integer length of 4 with 00 00 00 08, what ends
up in all bits of R1?  I am trying to add additional values to what is in R1 by
doing:

MVC   WK1(4),SMF30CPS
A     R1,WK1

This is not doing what I want it to do! If SMF30CPS, also a binary integer
length of 4, has 00 00 00 01,  what ends up in R1?

Many have asserted that assembler language skills are inadequate to properly maintain 21st-Century z/OS systems.

Would it be better if IBM provided sample exits in METAL C?

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc