On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:16:36 +0000, john gilmore wrote:

>Seymour's comment about 32K BLKSIZE= values for "load libraries" needs
>qualification.  It is on the mark for traditional PDSs containing load
>modules.  It is off the mark by a factor of 8 for PDSEs containing program
>objects.  They have an imposed block size of 4K, which should not be/need not
>be mentioned.

For PDSEs not containing program objects, the BLKSIZE in the DCB
governs the appearance of the data presented to the problem program.
This gives the programmer a choice between fewer READ operations
or fewer I/O commands.  But there is no penalty in DASD space for
choosing a BLKSIZE as close to 32760 (or as small) as LRECL allows.

-- gil