NFS could be used to skip the FTP steps, however, the GIMUNZIP is a
required step.

Electronic delivery files are XML packaged. GIMUNZIP handles this .

DVD delivery files are sequential EBCDIC and directly usable without
translation. GIMUNZIP is not required in this case.

Hope this clarifies,

<snip>

>Try this (I do this with some regularity):
>
>1) Receive maintenance files  to desktop (or other PC/*NIX dasd).
>
>2) FTP in Binary GIMPAF.XSL, GIMPAF.XML
>3) FTP in binary the contents of the SMPHOLD and SMPPTFIN directories
>
>4) GIMUNZIP the files created IN Step 3.

Step (4) seems superfluous.

>5) RECEIVE, APPLy.....
</snip>