On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:01:19 -0500, Ray Overby <rayove...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Is there a way to copy a z/OS USS pax file to another z/OS system without
>using FTP and have the pax file still be usable when copy completed?
>
>For example:
>
>01) Copy USS file to some type of z/os file on source z/OS system.
>02) IND$FILE source system z/os file to USB drive.
>03) Plug USB drive into new machine that has TN3270 to target z/OS system
>04) IND$FILE file on USB drive to target z/OS.
>05) Copy z/os file to a USS directory on target z/os.
>
>Notes:
>
>01) FTP or similar products are not available on the target system.
>02) INF$FILE is available for file transfer.

Hi Ray,

I've never tried this, but how about OGET (binary) and IND$FILE (binary) then
OPUT
on the reverse end.   If that doesn't work, you could also try AMATERSE
in-between the
OGET / OPUT and  IND$FILE also and that should work.

I don't think AMATERSE supports z/OS unix files as input, but I haven't checked
for
that since it replaced TRSMAIN.

Regards,

Mark