On 8/20/2011 12:27 PM, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
I agree, zMan (and many others) is still anonymous despite
being asked, in IBM-MAIN many moons ago, for his/her/it
identity despite his famous signature line.

This looks like a good opportunity to nitpick. I consider a contribution to be anonymous only if you can't identify the sender, in the sense of disambiguating two messages both sent anonymously. In our case you always know whom the message is from, just not the identity of the sender, so I'd call him incognito instead <g>

Perhaps zMan may give himself lots of trouble by giving out
his name. Let us hope he can do that in the future by
retirement... (and share some zMachine warstories too... :-D
)

Some installations are supersensitive, and may try to control their employees even when off site, though in this day and age this is getting to be more and more futile.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT