From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Eric Bielefeld
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:01 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Security is fun in the PC world....

I don't really remember anything about Kevin Mitnick, but the name sounds
familiar.  I probably knew about it, but forgot.  I found the link below
very interesting.  Personally, without knowing a whole lot about his crimes,

I'd have to say that any unauthorized computer usage should be punishable by

law, even if access was gained by getting someone to give you their
password.  I guess that's why either the signon screen or one just after the

signon screen usually says that if you aren't authorized to use the computer

you are logging on to, you may be prosecuted.

One thing about this list always bothered me.  A small percent of
contributers, such as zMan, don't give their name.  I'm sure many people
have good reasons.  It's just harder to accept as fact emails from someone
who remains anonymous.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. Systems Programmer