Check the migration log. There are many possible reasons for a dataset not to
migrate.

ARC0734I present you with a return code and reason code for each action taken.
Lookup the ARC0734I will refer you to another ARC12xx or ARC13xx message that
contains the detailed explanation based to the return and reason codes.

Common retcodes that show up in my shot are 8, 37, 19, 20,  99
8 - dataset too large for  ML1 migration
37 - insufficient space on ML1 for dataset
19 - data set in use
20 - invalid file (usually a null file or invalid dsorg)
99 - other, in my case the other sysprog APF auths a "personal" dataset for
testing.

HTH,

<snip>
I have noticed that a storage pool has dsns which go back to 2 months even
thought the management class is set to 3 days.  On this partition we have HSM
running however there is no ML2 migration, however migration is turned on :
Auto Migrate . . Y  (Y, N, I or P)
Auto Backup  . . Y  (Y or N)
Auto Dump  . . . N  (Y or N)
Overflow . . . . N  (Y or N)

 PRIMARY, SECONDARY & INTERVAL SPACE management kicks off at the designated
times.
Could it be that space management is ignoring some of the volumes in the pool
because of the migration threshold?  This is what it is set to:

Allocation/migration Threshold :             High . . 75  (1-99)  Low  . . 3
(0-99)
Alloc/Migr Threshold Track-Managed:  High . . 85  (1-99)  Low  . . 1   (0-99)

Below are the Expiration Attributes of this management class:

  Expire after Days Non-usage  . : 3
  Expire after Date/Days . . . . : 3
  Retention Limit  . . . . . . . : 0

If this is the case (migration threshold) how could I have HSM perform a clean
up of these datasets which are over 3 days old?  If this is not the case could
someone tell me where else I should look?
</snip>