From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Barbara Nitz
Sent: 31 August 2011 12:26
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Dumps with no useful memory

>I assume by option 4 you mean the Dump Inventory (which is option 6
>here).
yes, I did. What MVS release are you running on?!? It has been ages
since the dump inventory was option 6!

> The LD command showed that only ASIDs 1 and 154 were dumped. The
>cbf command showed that trace data was to be dumped but systrace
>produced:
>
>BLS17541I      No address spaces with the ERROR attribute were found
> ********       ERROR OBTAINING  TRVT/01 AT 00FF7C98   RC = 04.
> ********       ERROR OBTAINING  TTCH/05 AT 7FF5F000   RC = 04.
> ********      SYSTEM TRACE PROCESSING IS TERMINATED.
>since neither of the locations are in the dump. Further suggestions are
>very welcome!

IPCS default is to show address spaces with the error attribute. You
need to either setdef to asid 154 or specify that asid on every command:
systrace asid(x'154') (assuming the value is hex).

 I have a sneaking suspicion that that won't produce anything useful,
either, as the trace vector table wasn't dumped. And that address is in
common storage. Are you sure that the dump was complete?

Is this really an sdump or are we dealing with an sysmdump here?

Barbara

This message has been scanned by MailController -
portal1.mailcontroller.co.uk