On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 22:24:35 +0000, Uriel Carrasquilla wrote:

>we have a an NFS mount point on a Sun Solaris that is being serviced by MVS
>(zOS 1.11) NFS server.  when my customer dropped a file on the Sun's side NFS
>mount point, it caused an I/O error.  When I compared what I see on the Sun
>side under the mount point to what I see under TSO/ISPF, I can see that 1,131
>records failed to get across out of about 77k records.  Yet, the original file
>that was dropped into the NFS mount point are identical.  In other words, when
>I do a diff between the original file and the one in the MVS Mount Point on
>the Unix side, they are identical.  When I download the MVS file and do a diff
>with what is supposed to be an identical copy in the Unix Mount point, they
>are different.
>May be someone can enlight me with an explanation as to why the the Unix side
>shows an identical copy of the original that was dropped in the mount point
>but in the MVS side I see records in errors.

MVSNFS does some aggressive caching.  It's possible that on the UNIX side
you're seeing data that MVSNFS returns from cache; on the MVS side the
actual file content.

My most frequent source of I/O errors is attempting to copy to a RECFM=FB
data set a UNIX file containing trailing blanks.

-- gil

Regards,