>>>Have you tried using FBS vs. FB ?  This is for fixed block standard and
>>>recognizes the last block can be shorter and not a full block.
>> FB likewise permits the last block to be shorter.

>Surely FB permits *any* block to be short. It's FBS that requires that
all but the last be full size.

We are actually using Variable blocks.
I think the argument of the cache is valid but not after 24 hours.
Also, I noticed that the files in the NFS mount point when I am looking at them
under TSO/ISPF are quite often locked (file in use).  I end up having to put a
"B" for browse under 3.4 and keep on hitting enter until I can get into the
file.  The file is not supposed to be in use on the Unix side so I don't know
why I get the locks.