Chris Mason wrote:

>On the new IBM-MAIN web page with which I am presented, I see a "Preferences"
>prompt - the first time it has been brought to my attention - some way "down"
>the right-hand side - hardly the "top corner"!

There are TWO places for 'Preferences':

1. The banner part with the word LISTSERV on the left and on the right the
'Prefences' and 'Log Out' clickable phrases.
2. In the right part of the page, under Options, which you have observed.

Some web pages are really somewhat difficult to navigate unless you took time
to read everything.

>The point about my mentioning "cookies" in the previous post is that, whatever
>"cookie" has logged that I have entered an e-mail address and password to
>Internet Explorer, is unprepared to grant the same access privileges to
>Firefox.

Agreed. Not everyone is prepared to surrend his/her PC/Laptop to a web server,
by way of speaking.

>That's the mystery - although to say I was losing sleep over it would be an
>exaggeration!

hehehehe... sleep tigh on this one! :-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht