From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Frank Lawrence
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 6:45 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Token Ring and z9 Processor

I was surprised to find today that IBM no longer offers OSA Token Ring
as of the introduction of the zSeries z9-109 processor line.  Apparently
they made some statement of direction about this last year, but then who
takes those things seriously.  It's sort of like when IBM responds to a
SHARE requirement with the words "future design consideration" --- you
just don't believe it is really going to happen.

Well, we have a large demand for token ring among out sites, and will
have for at least the next few years.  So, how much demand is out there
for Token Ring in other mainframe customer locations?  If you don't mind
sharing, I'd like to hear back from shops using Token Ring and your
thoughts on how this will impact your upgrade decisions.  Also, if you
have already addressed this limitation with some third party OEM
solution, please share that, too.

- Thanks

<>
This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.