From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Neal Eckhardt
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 12:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Adding another IP address to OSA

Hi,

We need to add another IP address to z/OS 1.11. I hit upon the idea that since
each OSA port is defined with 16 addresses, I should be able to define another
TRL for a different set of addresses on the OSA port range, and add a DEVICE
and LINK statement to TCPIP. Is looks like this:

VTAM:

OSAB400  VBUILD TYPE=TRL
OSAB400P TRLE  LNCTL=MPC,
               READ=B400,
               WRITE=B401,
               DATAPATH=(B402),
               PORTNAME=(OSAB400),
               MPCLEVEL=QDIO
*
OSAB408P TRLE  LNCTL=MPC,
               READ=B408,
               WRITE=B409,
               DATAPATH=(B40A),
               PORTNAME=(OSAB408),
               MPCLEVEL=QDIO

TCPIP:

DEVICE OSAB400  MPCIPA
LINK   OSALB400 IPAQENET OSAB400
DEVICE OSAB408  MPCIPA
LINK   OSALB408 IPAQENET OSAB408

I get the following when starting the LINK:

EZZ4310I ERROR: CODE=80103150 REPORTED ON DEVICE OSAB408. DIAGNOSTIC
CODE: 03
EZZ4315I DEACTIVATION COMPLETE FOR DEVICE OSAB408
EZZ4313I INITIALIZATION COMPLETE FOR DEVICE OSAB400

The explaination of '3150' does not make sense to me in  a single system
context. Can somebody shed some light on this? Is what I am trying to do legal?

Thanks,
Neal

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html