Neal,

If I understand what you are asking, it can be done.  We have a 2098-BC with 2
OSA Express 3 cards, 2 ports each.  We run 2 LPARs, each using 1 port from each
card.  The only difference I see between our configurations is the PORTNUM
parameter.  I have it coded, you do not.
TRL0410  VBUILD TYPE=TRL
TRLE0410 TRLE  LNCTL=MPC,
READ=0410,
WRITE=0411,