JES .. or more specifically, the SYSOUT interface .... yes S/TIRB's are
great but doubt
that that many will ever need one. A third might, going along the lines of
#2 might also
be how the logic flows .. (with regard to integrity that is).

Essentially the function of both flags were to prevent deadlock's ... at
least.. as
far as I know and both essentially serve the same function (depending on
where in the
you are in the food chain). This last point goes back to my previous comment
about
integrity.

Tom forgive me if I am incorrect but I thought that FLG8 was supposed to be
used in
conjunction with NOIRB ... I could be wrong ... but yes, I do concur that
they were
GUPI (from a certain point in time). I did think though that the 'usage' for
FX was
externalized albeit limited to the 'privileged'.

Kind Regards

Jim Thomas
617-233-4130             (mobile)
636-294-1014                (res)