On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 02:56:20 -0500 Barbara wrote:

> >  This will dump all paged out storage:
> >
> >DUMP=('DSP OF ASID(ALL) ALSO PAGETABLES OF DATASPACES   X
> >ALSO SP(ALL) IN ASID(ALL)                               X
> >ALSO HIGH VIRTUAL IN ASID(ALL)'),                       X
> For performance/timing reasons I had held off sadumping all paged out
> storage. Anyone out there have numbers how long it takes for a - say
> - 8GB real lpar with aux usage at 40% (on 12 locals of 49500 tracks
> each) in comparison to only dumping paged-in pages?

Hmmm - I was wondering similarly. One customer wouldn't allocate what I
considered sufficient volumes for SADMP - so I used to spill it onto
carts.
*Manually* (as in protein life form) loaded carts ...
3490 ...

Did a test; took a while, but would have taken a hell of a lot longer
if I'd used those parms ....  ;-)

Shane ...