MONTERO ROMERO, ENRIQUE ELOI wrote:
Hi,

Really we are near to reach the last available address, hopefully, i am not the
one who has to deal with the problem ;-).

To move from 3390-3 to -54, several old applicactions only accept -3 model, in
my concern, a bad programming.
I will tell to our (iocds) guy about the 5 digit device address, maybe he will
get some idea...

Thanks a lot once again,

Enrique Montero

People often get confused about this, so just to make sure it's clear: No matter what you do, you cannot have more than 65,280 devices defined to z/OS (that is not coincidentally the number of subchannels in subchannel set zero).

What you can do is move PPRC secondary and PAV alias definitions from subchannel set 0 to subchannel sets 1 and 2, if they are available on your processor. This will free subchannels in subchannel set zero that you could use to define additional devices.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing